Riley

Riley

Disclaimer

**The information provided in this BLOG is in no way intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any illness. This information should never replace the advice of a doctor. Please use this information as you see fit. This information will pertain differently to each child, each adult, and each family.**

**Resources are listed to support information associated with this BLOG. These resources support copyrights and are permissible. Information presented outside of this BLOG needs to incorporate resource sites to maintain legal status.**

**This BLOG and its information may be shared at no request; photographs will need permission from the blogger.**

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Quiet Book

As I said in my last blog I am obsessed with Pinterest.  I blame my cousin Elizabeth for introducing my to the site in the first place.  

I have been seeing these quiet books show up on my board for awhile.  And I thought to myself.. "Hey I  could do that!  Riley would love it.  She is totally into books.  I should make one!"  This coming from the girl who got a sewing machine for her birthday 4 years and has used it once with the help of my mother (Who is awesome at sewing.  The woman made me a prom dress for goodness sake.  Side note on that my Dad actually taught my Mom to sew, cool parents I have right!?!) to make curtains for Riley's bedroom.

So I started collecting ideas, and fabric, and buttons, and zippers, and felt (oh so much felt) and all the things that I thought that I would need.  Well last night I started cutting out my templates.  I am realizing that I might first my first book by the time Riley turns 5.  Goodness me is it time consuming.  First I cutting the templates out in paper, because I can;t get any of the fabric pencils that I have to write on felt GRRRRR!  Then I am pinning my paper templates onto the felt to cut it out.  I brought embroidery scissors, because A) They are small enough to cut the small templates and B) They are super sharp.  

I have not even started sewing anything yet.  Hopefully I can get into a rhythm and get a few pages done.  I will keep you all updated.


These are some of the pages taht I have found my ideas on:

No comments:

Post a Comment