Riley

Riley

Disclaimer

**The information provided in this BLOG is in no way intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any illness. This information should never replace the advice of a doctor. Please use this information as you see fit. This information will pertain differently to each child, each adult, and each family.**

**Resources are listed to support information associated with this BLOG. These resources support copyrights and are permissible. Information presented outside of this BLOG needs to incorporate resource sites to maintain legal status.**

**This BLOG and its information may be shared at no request; photographs will need permission from the blogger.**

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Trix Crispy Treats

I admit that I an addicted to Pinterest. I go on all the time and pin tons of stuff that I will probable never actually look again. Recipes that I will never make, articles I probable won't get around to reading, crafts that I won't try, you get the idea.

Well last Thursday I actually made one of the desserts that I had pinned who knows how long ago. And it actually turned out really good. There was a bake sale at Riley's school and I wanted to make something simple and quick.  And fun.  What is more fun than rice crispy treats, how are TRIX CRISPY TREATS.  Same marshmallowly (I know it isn't a real word, but it is fun) taste but with FUN COLORS.  I found this recipe on a blog by Kim (http://www.cravingsofalunatic.com/), I actually melted my butter and marshmallows differently then she said because my first try didn't turn out right.  Which then cause me to make a Wal Mart run at 11 o'clock at night, not fun. I guess that should teach me to start making a bake sale item so late at night, but it probable won't.

So here is how you can make your own Trix Crispy Treats for your kiddos or husbands, as Kyle was thoroughly disappointment when he realized that I had sent all of the treats to the bake sale.

Ingredients:
1 x 400g bag of mini marshmallows
10 cups Trix cereal
¼ cup butter

Instructions
1. Place the butter and marshmallows in nonstick pot on low to melt.  It works best if you spray stick spray in the pot even if it is nonstick.


2. Stir constantly.  I also sprayed the spoon I was using to stir.

3. Stir until completely melted.


4. Put your Trix cereal in a big bowl and stir in marshmallow mixture.  (I did not spray my bowl first, but next time I make these I will)



5. Pour into a large greased pan (9 x 13 or 11 x 11) and press down with a spoon. (The spoon below was sprayed with nonstick spray and was completely clean, see below for what happens when not sprayed)




6. Cut into squares.  I let mine sit over night to firm up with wax paper and foil over them.  I think it was easier to cut them that way.

This picture taken from Kim's blog as I forgot to take a picture of them cut.


You could also 2 bags of marshmallows.

Here is what my fingers and the bowl looked like after mix without receiving some nonstick spray.





















No comments:

Post a Comment