Riley

Riley

Disclaimer

**The information provided in this BLOG is in no way intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any illness. This information should never replace the advice of a doctor. Please use this information as you see fit. This information will pertain differently to each child, each adult, and each family.**

**Resources are listed to support information associated with this BLOG. These resources support copyrights and are permissible. Information presented outside of this BLOG needs to incorporate resource sites to maintain legal status.**

**This BLOG and its information may be shared at no request; photographs will need permission from the blogger.**

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Homemade Camera strap

So I am said in previous post that I am obsessed with Pinterest. I am also really getting into photograph for fun.  And I am trying my hand at crafting.  So why not combine all three.

I found a pin to this blog post and I thought "Hey I can do that." So I did.

I did my a bit differently then the post said because I use a hand strap.  That is similar to the pictures below.
  

So I wanted to be able to easily clip on a shoulder strap when I needed it and be able to remove it quickly as  well.  So instead of just attaching it via rings in the original post I added clips.

So here is what you are going to need:
2 heavy duty jewelry clasps
2 small rings
2 large rings
Needle nose pliers
1 Scarf/belt/Fabric cut to length you desire, about 30inches
      Remember to include about 1-2 inches of extra fabric on either end for sewing
 
 
 I had a short scarf that was my Grandmother.  I never wore it so I decided to re-purpose for this.


First I needed to remove the fringe. This was simply looped into the main body of the scarf so I was able to do this without cutting to avoid the scarf coming undone.



 This left me with a single string at the end which I just cut off.


Here it is with one side done and one not.


Then I threaded the large ring on the end of the scarf and folded over the end.  I tried to make sure that the scarf would lay as flat as possible.  Then I did a simple straight stitch using my sewing machine.  I made sure to go over the ends several times to lock the ring in.

After the large ring was in place I used the needle nose pliers to open the smaller ring open so it could be thread into the clasp and onto the large ring

After I had them in place I used the pliers to close the small ring back together. Be sure to make sure that you close the rings tightly and that they don't open with the weight of you camera.  I strapped mine on then stood over my couch and check to make sure it would hold before I went out with it.  That way if ti didn't my camera would only land on the couch and the concrete.

Your strap can now be clipped to the slots on your camera.  It make it even easier to clip on and off I added small rings to the slots on my camera.  Now I don't even have to remove my hand strap to put on my solder strap.






No comments:

Post a Comment